Sustainable House Day - September 16th 2018
Please fill in the following form including your preferred timeslots. The SHD team will get back to confirm your volunteer placement.
List of duties
The homeowner has overall responsibility for the running of the event in their home and may have specific requirements for volunteers.
The following would be basic requirements:
- greet visitors as they arrive at the reception point;
- record visitor details including their email addresses, and how they found out about SHD;
- answer questions about the home's features using information prepared by the homeowner;
- support the homeowner so he/ she can take short breaks during the day;
- promoting MRSG and its activities, using a supplied brochure;
- provide an "extra set of eyes" to contribute to safety and security during the event;
- assist the homeowner to manage any incidents that may occur, using provided support document and contact details;
- help the homeowner collect signage from the house after closing time;
- tally the total number of visitors during each visit period and at the end of the day.